Thursday, September 24, 2009

Song Analysis

The song I chose to analyze was "We Live" by Superchick. This has always been one of my favorite songs and one that I try to pattern my life after. it starts off by telling a story of a mother who lost her son in a car accident. The mother didn't know that morning that it was the last time she would ever see her son in this life. Then it goes on to tell other stories of people who ran out of time. The basic theme of this song is to not take for granted the time we have left on this earth.

The rhetorical intent of this song is to convince people not to take for granted the every day things such as saying I love you and living life to its fullest extent. It does this by adding ethos, pathos, and logos. The story of the mother appeals to our emotions and makes us think of the poeple in our own lives who we love. Logos is used in the line that says "But what would it take for the clouds break, For us to realize each day is a gift somehow, someway, So get our heads up out of the darkness, And spark this new mindset and start to live life cuz it ain't gone yet". This tells us that our lives aren't over yet and we need to live up to our fullest patential. It also says that each day that we live is a gift from god and we should treat it as such.

6 comments:

  1. So, your post definitely intrigues me, to the point where I finally had to go and look it up on youtube to see what it was. I really enjoy this song, and am way glad you posted it or I would've never know about it! Well the rhetoric definitely moved me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this song. It made me think about the people in my life that I wish I told them that I love them more often, because you never know when you might see them again. Thanks for posting this song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Corinne, this song makes us realize that we should tell the people we care about that we love them, because you really never know what will happen in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I agree with both Corrine and Melissa! This song was so cute, and meaningful. We need to appreciate what we have by showing how much we love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cool how the way Liz wrote impacted Mindy enough to go look it up! I think that is powerful. Good job Liz for using those sweet skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just chose a great song. But i also agree this is a very powerful song and one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete