Wednesday, September 9, 2009

CLAIMS

Claim!

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1914857-1,00.html

This particular article from TIME magazine claims that the age-assumption that exercise leads to weight loss is not necessarily true. This is an unacceptable claim to just about everyone because exercise and the burning of calories is generally associated with losing fat and weight. The article however goes on to explain, through scientific evidence, that this claim has merit. Exercise increases the hunger in our bodies, and although our physical activity has change, our dietary habits may not have followed suit. So, when you couple a slight increase in exercise with an increased intake of unhealthy foods loaded with calories, you do not get the weight loss one would expect.

BYU should raise tuition costs

BYU is being way to cost-friendly to students. The cost of attending this institution should get closer to the average cost of attending any university. When one sees how much money is being invested from the church into this university, there will be no doubt in anyone's mind that the cost of attending the BYU's should go up. The money would definitely be better off being invested for more significant purposes.

(If I copied either of these claims from someone else I swear I didn't! I didn't bother reading any of the previous posts because I was afraid it might happen. In any case you guys probably copied me!)

3 comments:

  1. I would say that BYU is significant. I could even find talks and scripture to back my claim. I agree that there are other significant things we need to do, but how will we, the next generation of the church, do these things without an amazing education?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, did I read that correctly? You want to raise tuition costs? Why? The whole point in making this institution or university was to make a good education more affordable. What do you want to do with the extra money?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Tannen tuition should stay as it is.

    ReplyDelete