Thursday, September 24, 2009

Whitney Houston

Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You
If I should stay,
I would only be in your way.
So I'll go, but I know
I'll think of you ev'ry step of the way.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.
You, my darling you. Hmm.

Bittersweet memories
that is all I'm taking with me.
So, goodbye. Please, don't cry.
We both know I'm not what you, you need.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.

(Instrumental solo)

I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you've dreamed of.
And I wish to you, joy and happiness.
But above all this, I wish you love.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I, I will always love you.

You, darling, I love you.
Ooh, I'll always, I'll always love you.

This song describes a woman in love, but sadly the relationship has gone under.
All of the lines in the chorus tell that although they aren't together she wishes him happiness and love.
It tells that although their paths will be different, she will think of him along their separate journeys.
It describes the ultimate selfless love, that she will step out of his way to make him happy
Despite all the of depressing thoughts of being alone, she is content with knowing he will be better off.
And still, she will always love him.

1 comment:

  1. I love this song. I think I love it because it latches onto my emotions! PATHOS. I think it is a good example of what to do in a negative situation, so it's also logical in that sense. Doing what hurts the most (loving them, in a different way, after the relationship is over) is what counts.

    ReplyDelete