Friday, September 4, 2009

Community Issues

1. The buses here are so crowded! And they only come every forty minutes to pick up. Not to mention the fact that there really is no designated time when they come. They're either early or late, and either way, someone is missing out. I've been late to class multiple times because of late buses, and missed the bus when it came early!
2. Something I've heard multiple times in passing is about how confusing blackboard is. Especially for incoming freshman. Some teachers use it, some don't. I wish I could just have all of my course information in one spot. But I guess convenience isn't part of the college experience.
3. College students and credit cards--not a good mixture. People's attitudes towards credit has completely changed over the past decade or so, and it's passed on to their kids going into college. Getting into debt is a big problem in younger society today.
4. What's the deal with student loans? Mine haven't even been processed yet, and many people I've talked to are in the same place. Am I the only one who's stressing over this?

8 comments:

  1. Blackboard is soo confusing! I have some class information there, some on department websites, some on blogs... I've got to check all these different places

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your point about blackboard. It is so confusing. I also agree with your last point about processing loans. I am also still waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one! It's a little ridiculous..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll just add my voice to Jessie's, too confusing. Some teachers use it, some don't. Some will put a lot, some little. You have to click a million links to find anything, or sometimes there are multiple ways to get there... just too much

    ReplyDelete
  5. For number 4. My student loans haven't been processed either. And like you, I am also totally stressing out. There must either be a lot of people who need student loans, not enough workers at the ASB, or both. Let's see what happens next week. We still have till the 14th till our classes are dropped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, you think the buses are crazy here you should go to China, then you will know the meaning of crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got my loan processed before school even started. Although I did just get refunded my money this past week. There are alot of students on campus and it takes a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessie I totally agree with all those places you have to look for homework. I have to do the same. I have a few different websites that I have to go to just to finish all my homework. It would be nice if it all were in one place.

    ReplyDelete