Thursday, September 24, 2009

Song Analysis

I know everyone isn't the biggest fan of Kanye West right now, because of what he did to poor Taylor Swift (love her). Well he does have a soft and sensitive side. The song that I'd like to share with you is "Hey Mama" by Kanye West.

Kanye West is a momma's boy, obviously, he made a song for her. This song makes me tear up, because I miss my mom. Anyways, the song describes his mom, and how she was always there for him no matter what. The struggles she went through being a single mom, but she always wanted the best for her son. She always made him her first priority.

You work late nights just to keep on the lights
Mommy got me training wheels so I could keep on my bike
And you would give anything in this world
Michael Jackson leather and a glove, but didn't give me a curl
And you never put no man over me
And I love you for that mommy cant you see?

His mom was his main support throughout his career. He always wanted to give his mom the best, because that is what she did for him.

I said mommy Imma love you till you don't hurt no more
And when I'm older, you aint gotta work no more
And Imma get you that mansion that we couldn't afford

Now that Kanye West is famous, he is able to get her that mansion, a car, anything his mom wants. The sad part is that his mom passed away after cosmetic surgery on November 11,2007. She was able to hear the song, and now this song will always be a remembrance to his mom. I think what we could get out of this song is that we should appreciate our mothers, for what they do for us, and the unconditional love that they will always give us.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely got to love my mother! I think (especially because here we are at college away from our families aka: mothers) this song really hits home. Like you said, you tear up listening to this song. What a powerful impact music can have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to see that although KANYE WEST is rich and famous now and does crazy things like what he did the other night on stage, he still remembers where he came from and the sacrifice of others that helped him get to where he is today. Obviously he remembers and appreciates the sacrifices of his mom in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie, I agree. It's nice to see that celebrities can step down sometimes and acknowledge what they're grateful for, and thank the people they love.

    ReplyDelete