Friday, September 4, 2009

Community issuse at BYU

1. The drivers around BYU are literally killing me. As a pedestrian, you expect a car to stop or at least slow down if you are in the crosswalk. Rather, it seems that some drivers around BYU see pedestrians as objects to avoid as they zoom past you, only to be stopped by the next red light. Not only is this practice unsafe, but totally trashes common coutesy.

2. For the students that live on campus, have no car, and cook their own food. I feel sorry for you. Yesterday, I went to the Creamery to buy some milk. Only to find that 1/2 a gallon, half, was 1.49. After I purchased it, feeling good about myself for buying some milk, I saw an ad for a local supermarket where a full gallon of milk was only 1.99. These inflated prices and the lack of nearby grocery stores is hurting the pocketbook of BYU students.

3. The lack of pranks at Heleman halls. C'mon guys, let's see them.

4. The most important. There are no ping pong tables at any of the Heleman Halls. People want to play ping pong. Then there are those who want to paly table tennis. Though, to begin, the reason why there are no ping pong tables it because, as my RA said, is because there have been instnaces where past residents have toally trashed the ping pong tables. Like, sitting on them, cracking the paddels, and yes, taking bats to them. I agree that these residents, especially those who have taken bats to the ping pong tables, should lose their privalages, but should we in the present be punished for the actions if those in the past.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't been out grocery shopping yet, but I live in Heritage Halls, and I will be doing my shopping at the Creamery on Ninth. Although the prices there are only slightly higher than at other supermarkets, it will still add up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean about the drivers!!! I come from a state where pedestrians always have the right of way, and where there are signs all over the place reminding drivers to stop for and yield to pedestrians... I just have to remember that cars are bigger and faster than me so I can't fight them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yes that is how the real world works, what happens in the past affects you all the time. It is almost like when a pilot makes a mistake its not your fault but you will end up dying either way.
    I dont think that the drivers are that bad, once again once you live in china everything hear seems nice and orderly. Also very curteous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live off campus so I make all my own food and I don't own a car. I have walked to 2 different grocery stores. One is a little farther than the other but both are within a mile of my apartment. I don't think it is that hard to walk to the grocery store. Where I used to live the closest grocery was at least 2 miles form my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree on the lack of ping pong tables in Heleman Halls. I enjoy table tennis and I've meet many others that share my similar intest. Rather than spend all the money on expensive pool tables thy should have purchased ping pong tables so that more students could enjoy themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Jessie, drivers like to speed here for some reason, they're just wasting gas and risking someones life!

    ReplyDelete