Friday, September 4, 2009

Sooooo many complaints....

1. I get very annoyed whenever I'm trying to dispose of my empty bottles, and all I see our garbage cans everywhere. I love my dear old mother earth but I don’t love her enough to carry around my plastic bottles everywhere I go until I find a recycling bin, especially when there are garbage cans everywhere.


2. I was nearly heartbroken when BYU ran out of sports passes that included the football games. How lame is that! The school should have enough seats in the student section and enough football game-including passes to be able to provide one for every student if they want one. I propose to make a new and much larger stadium! It should also be a dome..


3. Housing – BYU is a very large school, and its understandable that there wouldn’t be enough housing for all the freshman on campus. In fact, I kind of enjoy my setup at Raintree Apartments. However, my only complaint is that I’m surrounded by people who are all older than me. Was there something I missed about being able to room with freshman off-campus? Maybe it’s just my apartment but maybe the apartments off-campus should do a better job or set something up where freshman can room with each other. I mean, all five of my apartment buddies are return missionaries. None of them go to BYU either!


4. Route Y might be the most confusing thing EVER (okay that was an exaggeration, but it's still lame). For a site that is supposedly user-friendly, I find myself getting extremely confused. It took me about a couple months to get used to it, and it's still slightly confusing!


5. The crosswalk lights are pretty lame here. At the majority of lights, the "go" sign is only lit up for like 2 seconds, and then the "stop" light starts blinking. It puts too much pressure on me to speed up my walking. All of the crossing lights should have the "go" sign lit up accompanied with a countdown to let you exactly know when you can cross. Also, for some of the intersections, they should let you cross diagonally. That would be extremely convenient for me.

6 comments:

  1. So I never understood the whole recycling thing, probably because I grew up in Utah. But after living in New England for a while I'm more green now. Green enough to say that plastic bottles never belong in garbage cans. I feel like I'm littering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily I'm totally with you! It is mind boggling to me how many people go through so many plastic bottles here everyday. I love that where there is recycling on campus, there are at least 3 different bins to properly sort it all

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find something on Route Y one day, and the next day I can't find it to save my life. It is indeed confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree with the route y confusion but what is with all this me, me, me attitude. Everyone wants what is best for them, well that doesnt work out. I think we are so blessed for what we have and be happy for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The diagonal crosswalks are a great idea. They actually have them in Europe, I used a couple this summer. They're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Route Y is confusing, you have to basically click on everything to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete