Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Revision Plan

I think that my first step will be to solidify who the audience is for my paper. As it stands now it shifts a little too much from a specific audience to a general population. I think I will do this by having some premed students read my drafts to see if they feel like it is addressing them sufficiently.
Secondly I want to specify a call to action and find a rhetorically powerful way to include it in the letter. I will probably go into the workshops and library assistants to do this. Ask for opinions and advice for the best way to do it.
Thirdly I need to be a little better at "citing" my sources. Just explaining where some of the info can be found so that it doesn't just sound like I'm making it up.
I'll probably do a lot of this in the mornings before classes (I think best in the morning), or during breaks between classes (in the case of going to the library and such).


4 comments:

  1. I like that you have a specific person or group of people that you will seek help from for each process. I also like that you have set even times of day for accomplishing the things you need to get done...but I think you're crzy for doing anything before class. TOO EARLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The call to action is also something that I need to do, and I forgot to put in my revision plan. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Kendrick...my brain stops functioning at night. Probably a sign of my aging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Lindsay... unless you want to wake up at 5:30 or 6 to get some good work time in! I guess freshman year has turned me into a night owl

    ReplyDelete