Thursday, October 29, 2009

Discoveries in Research

Through my research at the library, I was overwhelmed with out how much information there is on any one topic. I always thought the worst part of research papers was the research. However given the resources in the library, it was really fun jumping from one source to another, looking for good information to use.

For my research paper, some of my major points include:
1. Positive impacts on the film industry due to new media/People focus too much on the negativity from piracy
2. How Hollywood uses the internet for advertisement.
3. How movie reviews changed due to the internet.
4. How Hollywood should counter the piracy problem

Statistics: I could use statistics to compare movie attendance and sales revenue due to the new mdea.

Testimonial: People involved in the film industry possibly could leave insight on some success they've found in new media to help their movies succeed.

Precedents: The music industry had to deal with illegal downloads long before the same level of attention was given to movies. One could also make comparisons between the two situations.

Cause and Effects: Because of the scrutiny movies receive through hundreds of critics on new media and the piracy issue, Hollywood has to find new ways to draw audiences in.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know, I still have to say that research is the worst part... yeah there's a lot of material, but that's the hard part about it. So much to go through to see if it is actually relevant or not. You might dig through something for a while, and then never use it. kind of a pain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Kendrick. It may be easy to find a lot of sources using databases and stuff, but it's annoying to decide which one you'll actually use and rely on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just reading in a book recently the popularity in American films in comparison to the world. Most countries make more revenue by showing American films rather than their own country films. Great topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you guys are right. I only got overly excited when I ran into a bunch of good sources consecutively. I guess maybe I got lucky?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cool topic. There should be lots of information for you and yes I agree that the library has a wealth of knowledge to share.

    ReplyDelete