Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ra publishing

I published my rhetorical analysis on facebook and told my friends to check it out. I didn't get a lot of comments back. I think that it was too long to appeal to people using facebook. It was an interesting topic and my friends would have enjoyed reading it, but no one wanted to spend that much time on it. The few comments I got were mostly about the issue and not my analysis.

I tried to publish on a couple of other pages that declared martinlutherking.org to be a hate site, but for most of them joining in order to leave a comment was too complicated. On the one site I did comment on, I haven't heard back.

7 comments:

  1. I had the same problem, they were more interested in the topic than what I was saying about the article. But I guess I didn't ask them to pay attention to that, I just asked them to read it. How did you tell them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man Lindsay I went through the exact same thing! (Which is pretty much what you commented on my blog) People were just not interested in reading my article because of the length.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true that not a lot of facebook users will be attracted to a lengthy note. But it's nice when you get a positive response.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I had the same type of thing--just not a lot of comments back from people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People prefer their own opinions :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Scott, length is a problem for facebook users.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex, I like your comment and I think it is sooo true! Glad I'm not the only one with this problem.

    ReplyDelete