Thursday, October 29, 2009

Discoveries in Research

Part 1:
I hadn't realized the media censorship was an issue currently happening in the world. We have talked about the theory in my comms class, but I kind of thought it was still really new as far as legislation. I probably should have guessed this, but in China, as well as in other parts of the world, there is already really strict regulations on the internet. This will be an interesting view.

Part 2:
There are really an almost infinite number of views taken on this subject because everyone thinks that it sould be regulated at a slightly different level. There are also different arguements on the way of enforcing censorship of internet--some believe it should be legislation, others believe it should be enforced by internet providers. There is also the issue of who decides the content that should be censored. I think I may need to narrow my topic in order to effectively take one side on the issue.

Part 3:
Precidents can be used in my arguement because right now we have a level of censorship that have been set as appropriate. There are arguements on both sides of this precident.
Statistics will be useful to examine the conent that people are viewing on the internet. This is also an issue about which the public has a view. There might be stats about the public opinion on this issue.
This is such a multi-sided issue that I will need to divide my issue no matter how I narrow it.
I can talk about problems and solutions or analyze just the problems or just the issues.
Antecedents and concequences are one of the main issues in my paper. There are many people worried about the effect that internet has on people.

1 comment:

  1. I think it will be a good idea to narrow your topic and divide your issue in order to focus on a specific aspect of media censorship.

    ReplyDelete