Friday, October 16, 2009

Here we go again...

Ok so I feel like these revisions might be a little easier, mostly because the blog I have is really entertaining, but one way or a another I have to fix some stuff.

1. Organize, organize, organize....I feel like I have a lot of great ideas and examples, but I just need to figure out the best way to make them flow.

2. Think of my audience. There is a lot of content I can use to explain rhetoric, and there are a lot of ways I can prove my point, but that doesn't mean they are all right or entertaining to read.

3. Plug and chug. I need to be better at the placement of examples and things I want to use, I can't just throw stuff in there and expect it to work.

4. Make it enjoyable, whether it be me adding more, taking some out, or just changing the majority of it, I just need to make this paper more fun to read!

I guess we will find out what else I need to do once we have our sweet meeting :)

5 comments:

  1. I know we talked in class about how important the audience is, but I would say that your last revision idea is just as important. If you really want people to read the analysis and actually think about it you need to make it enjoyable and fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tannen I completely agree. If people don't enjoy your writing then they might just stop reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's sad when I am getting put to sleep by my own writing...I can only imagine what its like for the readers! Thanks for the comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate getting put to sleep by my ownwriting. That is when I know I have to start over. or I add something unexpected. That way it catches their interest again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with all of the comments. I get put to sleep by my own writing all the time. To give myself some credit, it might help if I didn't wait to do my homework on 11:00 the day it was due. You have some really great ideas. I like what Tannen said about both being important. You need to find a balance.

    ReplyDelete