Thursday, October 29, 2009

Part One: Something that I have found out through my research is that not all people thought switching education to the internet was a good idea. Some experts said that it was a bad idea and would never take off.They were wrong.

Part Two: i) The internet makes research easier
ii) Education is now available to more people
iii) The internet helps people communicate

I think that the internet has opened many doors in education. People can now communicate with others across the world to compare results from their research and debate topics or get a different opinion on topics. The internet has also made it possible for people to gain a higher education at a cheaper price.


Part Three: i) Division of whole into parts: I will look at how the internet has effected each level of education from elementary to graduate school. I will also look at how the internet has brought education to those who did not have access to it before.

ii) Testimonial: I will look at actual people who are first generation college graduates and see how the internet has effected their education.

iii) Authority: I will research what professors are saying about using the internet in education because they are the ones who are supposed to know the most about educating other people and hopefully they will know the best way to use the internet and all of its benefits.

iv) Statistics: I will attempt to show that there is an increase of the number college diplomas since the internet was added to education.

5 comments:

  1. ...wait, they thought that using the internet to help educate was a bad idea? wow, yeah, someone was way off. Was it a lot of people? or just a small group? how did they argue that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kendrick in that it's hard to believe that anybody could think that the internet is bad in helping to educate people. It's so convenient and efficient in its educational purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For your statistics, you could also check about the prevalence of internet use in schools, like what percentage of classes spend at least one day in a computer lab sort of place. I don't know if anyone has done a study about that, but I think it would be worth it to look into...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just a general statement but I think the use of statistics is important in any research paper, so I'm glad it's one of the four you chose. One really can't argue with cold hard facts, so it's important to have them in all arguments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paper I was refering to was written in the 90's when the internet was just breaking into the educational system. So so called "experts" said it was too expensive and no one would want to spend that kind of money. I don't know exactly how many people were against it.

    ReplyDelete