Sunday, October 25, 2009

Rhetorical Analysis Publishing

So I just posted it here on this blog and told a bunch of people about it. People from home, from my sports teams from forever ago, and it got around. Sadly, most of the reaction was to the issue, and not so much to my analysis of the article. They were more interested in the the topic than what I had to say. The only thing that really got any attention that had something to do with what I wrote was that they agreed with my conclusion that if the author actually wanted something to change, he was writing to the wrong audience. Which is kind of ironic because maybe I was writing to the wrong audience as well. They didn't seem to care much about his rhetoric, just the sports he was writing about. It was probably more of an artificial audience, a real audience would have been if I had posted it on his article, could have been interesting, but at the same time, the article doesn't get hits anymore since the IOC made it's decision. So i wouldn't have had very many comments anyway i think.

6 comments:

  1. I like how you applied their comments to your own writing. That is something I should do. That really shows the importance of audience, when you get comments like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Lindsay. Applying the audience's comments to how you write whether than what you write about is more important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay I like that point you make-- that it shows the importance of the audience

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I allowed to agree with Lindsay too? I think three might be too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you were at least able to hook your audience in the conclusion. I think our class will appreciate the rhetoric. =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same problem with my paper. When I showed it to people they were more concerned with discussion Obama's health care plan than my analysis of its presentation on the webstie. It was hard to see whether or not my analysis did anything at all.

    ReplyDelete