Thursday, October 29, 2009

Discoveries in Research

Part 1: One thing I have found during my research is that Country music is in the top three of music that is effecting children in a bad way. I was surprised because I never really thought it was bad, because most of it sounds good.

Part 2: Major Perspectives
1. Suggestive lyrics of popular music are harmful to children's development.
2. Much of the positive of pop music lyrics is often overshadowed by the perception of offensiveness.
3. Much of the pop music available to children is offensive, misogynistic, and vulgar.
I am taking the side that says that suggestive lyrics are harmful.

Part 3: Topics of Invention
1. Comparison by difference: I might be able to use comparison by difference by comparing music that has good lyrics and comparing it to the lyrics that are bad and influence children in a bad way.
2. Statistics: I could use lots of the statistics that have been found showing how bad lyrics are effecting youth and the things that they do.
3. Cause and effect: I can show the different examples of how bad lyrics are influencing children to do bad things, such as the two suicides that they connected back to some music that they were listening to.
4. Maxims: With the rise of bad lyrics and media in the world, there will be a rise in crime and such things.

1 comment:

  1. Really? How is it bad? I had never heard about that before. That would be interesting to discuss.

    ReplyDelete