Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Closer Look: Audience Response

I had my roommates and other students that live near me read my paper and asked them to give me their responses. I would have liked to get a wider range of audience, but was unable to for lack of time. I didn't get very much feedback, but most of the people who read my analysis agreed that the rhetorical techniques either added to or took away from the peice as a whole. Surprisingly, a lot of people weren't really concerned with the issue, which means that it has probably lost some of its kairotic value in the past few months. Either that or people just feel that whatever happens with the new health care plan will happen, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. This lack of interest also may have been attributed to the fact that I gave my analysis to all college students, who, although more involved in national goings-on than a younger audience, are still very distracted by the worlds they live in.
My audience often said that they wouldn't have noticed all of the tools that I pointed out in my analysis had they simply looked at the website by itself. In pointing out the tools that were used to help persuade the audience, I was able to help them make an even better evaluation of the situation than without an analysis of rhetorical techniques.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's cool whenever I come across analyses that explain the purposes behind every little thing in writings, advertisements, movies, etc. I hope my readers had the same cool experience when they read my article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you were able to show them all of the tools in your paper, and persuade your audience.

    ReplyDelete