Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Discoveries in Research

1.It surprised me at how hard it was to find scholarly articles. I do realize that my topic of Social Networking Websites is newer so it would not have as much information on it.
2.Major arguments: 1. Social networking websites are bad for children. 2. Social networking websites are costing firms millions of dollars. 3. Social networking websites enable companies to expand. I think that I would like to focus on what the websites do to children, but I would also like to bring in how it helps companies expand.
3.Topics of Invention: 1. Definition by category: What I could do with this topic in my paper is break up the types of social networking websites into categories and then say how and why they are in these categories. I would also be able to say what purpose each category has. 2. Cause and effect: I can explain the cause and effect of social networking websites on children and how it is hurting them or as some would argue is helping them. Kids that use social networking websites are actually less social. 3. Authority: I could use articles of very qualified doctors and neuroscientists that say these social networking websites are bad for children. This would be a good authority because they are very professional sounding. 4. Statistics: I could use statistics when showing how companies benefit from social networking websites and how much money they are saving and making. On the other hand I can show with statistics how much money firms are loosing. Statistics make it seem much more real.

No comments:

Post a Comment