Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Obama Plan: revision

I plan to find a time to go see Sister Cowley and discuss some of her suggestions for my paper, as well as read through the comments on my paper that have been posted.

Aside from that, I need to focus on the organization of my paper. I will be rearranging, combining, and possibly deleting various paragraphs from my first draft. I believe that my introduction is in good shape. I might do some minor editing, but I need to focus more on my conclusion than anything.

I will give my paper to some of my roommates and my mom to read through and edit so that they can catch mistakes that I would otherwise overlook in reading my own writing.

Also, I need to make sure that my entire paper is consistent with my thesis.

6 comments:

  1. I think it's a good idea to have a strong conclusion to sum up your analysis. It's hard not to just "fluff" up the paper with over-used sentences by the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Scott on on this one. Conclusions need to be powerful and purposeful. Just repeating everything you said and summarizing it isn't enough. So good call on making sure the conclusion is solid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a great idea to check and make sure that you are remaining consistent with your thesis. Sometimes things get a little of track from what you want to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie and Corinne- very nice insight. When there's so much to say it's easy to get off track, especially if you're just focused on getting it long enough. I am definitely going to take that advice and be sure that my thesis is consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corinne... you got it, if you're really trying to prove something, everything you say should support your main idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Scott, on making the conclusion strong, because its the end, it is easy to just repeat and get it over with.

    ReplyDelete