Friday, October 2, 2009

Stardust: intended to sweep you off your feet.

The Stardust movie website is very interactive and a lot of fun to maneuver through the different pages. Upon entering the site, you hear a voice clip of actor Ian McKellan speaking of a quote about people and stars: "Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we're human?" He then says, "Pointless, really. Do the stars gaze back? Now that's a question!" When the dialogue finishes, you then hear selections from the movie soundtrack throughout the duration of exploring the site.

The site is aimed at movie-goers who like fantasy, a good romance, even adventure. One selected quote from critics is intended to draw young single adults with the claim, "One of the best date movies of the year." The interactive games entice an even younger crowd to become part of the movie itself. Once the intended audience is swept in, they will find desktop background for the computer to continually remind them of the fun they had in watching "Stardust." You can move around the site and "visit" the different locations found in the movie and learn about the characters. For those like myself who enjoy music they have a part that lists the soundtrack. Overall this site has been made to be fun and enjoyable to view.

http://www.stardustmovie.com/

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your analysis. It made me pretty bummed that I was using a library computer...but it's definitely the first on my to do list now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha me too! But I did love that movie...I am not so sure about the best date movie of the year promotion, but I guess everyone says something like that to promote their movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the movie too, not the best one,but still good. I went to the site and it is pretty well run, I enjoyed looking around on it. I also liked your analysis of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't seen the move, but your analysis made me want to at least go to the site, if not see the movie. That was a cool quote.

    ReplyDelete