Friday, October 2, 2009

audience analysis

The Dove Campaign for Real Beauty states that their goal is to "help free ourselves and the next generation from beauty sterotypes." They say their funds have touched the lives of two million so far, and by next year their goal is five million.

http://campaignforrealbeauty.com

Doves target audience is women from around the world. When on the main page you can choose a country. When I visited the site I looked at the pages targeting America, English-speaking Canada, the United Kingdom, Spain, and France. While the content is pretty much the same across the board, the layout and focuses are different among the different areas of the world. The site narrows down their focus from all women to women of your particular region and culture of the world. The home page of each country focuses on women of that area. This makes the site available and relevant to more of Dove's cutomers.

4 comments:

  1. They major the bigger populations. Although, I like how they make women feel more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Caro. I like that someone is standing up to the nonsense that magazines throw at us these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great way to get through to this particular audience. Especially in this world today, it's refreshing for women to be reminded of what beauty really means.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I really liked the way you worded your comment. I couldn't have said it better. Remind women of what real beauty means.

    ReplyDelete