Friday, October 2, 2009

O.E. Audience Response

I shared my paper with my roommates. They all thought it was a very good idea, to put bike lanes on the sidewalks. The concerns that my roommates shared were some of the ones that I addressed- like some parts of the sidewalk not being big enough. My one roommate even told me about specific places that she thought of that she didn't think would work very well. Even the ones that don't have bikes here at campus thought it was a good idea and agreed with me.

3 comments:

  1. I think it would be a great idea as well, but then again none of the sidewalks are really all that wide on campus, and it might end up frustrating pedestrians. Especially since a lot of people who ride bikes ride them wherever they want to anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about instead of putting them on the sidewalks, just add a very small lane at the edge of the road. I know that is what they do on some more busier roads and it works quite well. Of course the roads would need to be wide enough and it is alot more dangerous for the bikers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Tannen. It would help relieve campus traffic if bike lanes were put on the sides of roads.

    ReplyDelete