Sunday, October 4, 2009

Response!

I emailed my entire paper to dining@byu.edu and I got a fantastic response from the Director of BYU Dining Services! He reacted well but explained to me some technicalities of the issue about which I wrote, and that made me realize that although I thought I did sufficient research to sound knowledgeable to my audience, there were more details that I could have incorporated to strengthen my argument. The Director responded to my email just a few hours after I sent it, and when I thought about what he read, I worried that it may have sounded too whiney to a professional adult like him. That's one thing that I take away from the "publishing" process... that when you actually share your piece with your intended audience, you may want to take another look at the overall tone.

2 comments:

  1. It's really cool that you got a response back. And you maje a really good point, you learn a lot about tone from the publishing process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lindsay, I think its cool that you did get a response within that day! I think it's good that you got your point across at least.

    ReplyDelete