Sunday, October 4, 2009

Just a little chicken....

For the final post of my opinion editorial I decided to send it into the employment offices at BYU. Although I did chickin out a little bit by not directly sending it to my employer, I couldn't help it! I needed to keep my job, not lose it by saying just a little too much. Anyways, despite the fact that I felt like I might puke sending this into someone, it was kind of liberating to know that what I had to say was being heard by someone, whether they liked it or not. It was cool to think that it could be something that they addressed or discussed in order to fix an issue that could be bruding. I was pretty intimidated at first, and it actually made me reread my paper multiple times to make sure there were no errors so that the person reading it wouldn't think it was some neglected opinion I jumbled together really quickly. Ultimately, I think I would panic if I knew what the next reader was thinking, and I am grateful not to know; however, if I don't get a response from anyone verbally it would be really neat to see if they respond physically and really do something about it! All in all, a fun and new experience.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you Mindy!!! It's always good to expand your horizons. Do you think they will respond? What do you hope they do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's always rough getting out of that comfort zone bubble... way to go

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I am not sure if I want them too, but if they do that would be pretty cool. I am more afraid of their rebuttal or what they have to say than anything....I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed Mindy, it must be really hard to send your paper out, to the employment offices. I think I would do the same and re-read my paper about twenty times before I send it.

    ReplyDelete