Sunday, October 4, 2009

So I Put My Op-Ed on facebook

Publishing your work is a really scary thing to do! I felt like I was really putting myself out there by publishing a piece of writing that expresses my opinions. I actually posted this article as a discussion in the BYU Freshmen group on Facebook, so the people who will read my articles are my peers. That actually made me pretty nervous because my writing reflects me. If there are errors in it and the message isn't concise people won't take me for an intelligent person. I can see a lot of people being opposed to my argument as well. So, I guess the best thing for me to not be so nervous would be if I detached myself from my work and not care what other people think of my writing. However, I don't think I would be able to do that.

3 comments:

  1. I agree, reading your paperis something, but putting it out there for people to read it is way hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! This is something I would not want to do frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Caro, putting something out in the public for other people to read isn't too easy at times, and makes us a bit nervous for their response.

    ReplyDelete