Sunday, October 4, 2009

Opinion Editorial Publishing

I chose to publish my opinion editorial (in full) via a facebook note. I simply tagged all of my friends here at BYU and encouraged them to leave comments. I was happy with what I had published. I did receive some feedback; some agreeing with my assertion on passing period length, and some disagreeing. Those who agreed helped me to feel more confident with what I had written while those who disagreed reminded me of some weaknesses in the editorial. I felt more exposed with my editorial available for many people to read it. It helped me to be a more disciplined writer. It helped me realize that my counter-arguments weren't perfect. It also made me realize that there will always be people that don't want to agree with what I have to say concerning a specific issue. Overall, it was an eye-opening experience and one that will help me to craft a better opinion editorial in the future, if I choose to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Good job posting your op-ed as a note. I only posted it as a discussion in a facebook group, so I wasn't expecting as much feedback as I would have if I made it into a note.

    On your comment that people won't always agree with you: I totally agree. I'm afraid to publish and make people aware of my positions on issues because I don't want to rub people the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete