Thursday, October 1, 2009

Audience Analysis

I chose to analyze an article called "How to Be Interesting" on copyblogger.com. This article is by Jonathan Morrow. He is the Associate Editor of copyblogger as well as the co-author of Keyword Research for Bloggers. This article is all about how to "be interesting" with your own blogs. It's basically a source of advice for other bloggers to follow concerning how to be more interesting in their blog posts and how to add more spice to what they have to say to others. It consists of 21 items of guidelines (for example: "make people laugh"). The rhetorical aim of the article is to appeal to other bloggers and to teach them how to craft a better blog--a blog that is considerably well-put together and that will leave readers impressed. Those who would read this are bloggers who wish to become better writers and thinkers. It can also apply to any writer or even speaker. The audience of this piece would view the author as helpful and resourceful. The main point of the article is to provide answers to the question: "How can you be interesting?'". This article is definitely kairotic due to the popularity of blogs on the internet and the sheer amount of bloggers trying to entertain their readers. Additionally, the author uses "we" in his tips, showing that he shares his position on blogging with his intended audience.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely think that when someone writes interestingly, I am much more willing to read it! I like knowing about people's lives - but when they are as boring as dirt I would rather not read it. I think I struggle with being a boring writer... so this would be a helpful sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this paper cleaning out my room the other day with 5 or 6 ways to be interesting and one was to have a blog. I keep putting it off however... Question: do you think it's possible for someone to have an interesting blog and not be interesting in real life? Or is it just gamers that live in a fantasy world. I suppose bloggers would be blogging all the amazingly fun things they do in the physical world. So perhaps i just answered my own question.

    ReplyDelete