Monday, November 2, 2009

Discoveries in Research

Part 1. I was surprised to find that the US has more than 2 trillion dollars of debt. I was also surprised that Japan holds most of the loans made to the US.

Part 2. The three main arguments of my topic have to do with the procedure part of the stasis. First the sources argue that the United States will reach a threshold value of debt before we begin to fill the deficit. Secondly, they argue that the government needs to stop unnecessary spending. Thirdly they blame the debt on Americans lack of education.

Part 3. Division of Whole into Parts- I would use this in my paper because government is such a broad topic that if I didn't divide it into parts organizationally it would be messy.

Division of Essence and Accidents- I would incorporate this into my paper by focusing on the main and large arguments for my topic. I wouldn't waste my time addressing the small and minor things adding to our nations debt.

Either-Or Contradictions- I would use this contradiction to express that we can either be satisfied with the budget deficit or we can change it. I would use it as a way to develop my main argument.

Witness and Testimonial- I am going to use quotations and testimonial stories to help add strength to my points. A point made by a well respected, educated professional is more credible than the same argument drafted by me.

1 comment:

  1. I think that the nation dept is closer to 11 trillion. The US spends 3 trillion a year. I'm not sure but you might want to check. One of my professors recommended this site, but I don't guarantee it is accurate.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

    ReplyDelete