Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Plan for the paper for the rest of the week

Regarding my paper,

I will change the main source that I use to introduce my topic to something more scholarly than Wikipedia. Although Wikipedia is an interesting and often informative source, my paper is severely discredited by having it so abundantly cited in the beginning. I plan to spend a portion of my Wednesday evening working on this.

I need to incorporate and "deal with" the counter argument more. This shouldn't be too difficult because there is a lot of great evidence for the other side, I just need to spend time collecting it. This will happen on Thursday around 3 or 4 pm.

I need to edit grammar and I would like to vary sentences and make sure that things flow nicely with transitions but these changes can be made later, after content is adjusted. After I make these changes I will maybe take my paper to the writing center... after class on Friday around 9 am. I like to take things there so I can get a second opinion and see if my paper makes sense to someone who has not been a part of the major drafting process.

That's the plan.

4 comments:

  1. Can we be honest with the schedule here? We all know that this will all happen one or two hours before it is due. Don't worry it'll be the same with me too. It'll be the best all-nighter ever, though. However, maybe I'm wrong and you'll stick with your schedule, which would be great!

    I'm glad that you've decided against using Wikipedia as your main source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same comment about using wiki as a source in the first paragraph. It's had because that is where you go to get background information and you usually put background information in the intro, but I totlly get what she is saying.
    I like that you have a time schedule. It's good that you write it down and have speific things t get done in a certain amound of time. It's a really effective technique that I wish I was better about using.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a similar response for putting a news article in the intro paragraph. Maybe I should also write down exactly when I am going to do everything I pla on. By the way I like how you are writing about something that is really talked about a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TO JOSH:

    I am sad that you lack faith in me. But in the event that I end up pulling an all nighter we should facebook chat at 4:38 am.

    ReplyDelete