Monday, November 16, 2009

Revision Plan

Here is my revision plan for my issue paper:

1. Fix the minor grammar and word problem
2. Find some more legitimate sources instead of many quotes from one source.
3. Change some of my personal experiences to more analysis instead of story tone

Those are the the main things I am going to work on. Having peer reviews by two people and meeting with Sister Cowley really helped! I am definitely going to go to the writing center... definitely :) I am going to read my paper out loud. I am going to read it backwards too. Anything that helps me see my writing in a new light helps me better it.

That's my plan. :) I am hoping to get a little bit done each day, instead of all at one time.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are really going to do everything you can to make it better, I had never thought of reading my paper backwards, tell me if it works will you?
    I also plan on going to the writing center, I hear that they really love to tear apart freshmen papers. The only problem I can see is that if we rewrite the way Sister Cowley tells us to, and then we take it to the writing center and they tell us to change that, it really makes it hard for me to decide what to do.
    But it is always good to get a second opinion on how you should write the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those peer reviews were really helpful. It's a good idea to diversify the use of sources, instead of just quoting too much form 1 or 2 sources.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha sure Tannen, I will let you know how that goes. As the ancient saying goes, "Talk don't cook rice." So who knows if it will even happen. :P but I will be glad to let you know if I do end up reading it that way!. I agree... following two different guidelines is hard when it's graded by one person. So I will probably go to the writing center and see what they say and how that works with Sister Cowley's advice, and then do what Sister Cowley said anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Tannen, I wouldn't know who's advice to choose, but if Sister Cowley said to try it out then we should, plus it will get it out the way, since it is an assignment for this class. :)

    ReplyDelete