Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Yay!

I must say, at the beginning of the semester I was not too hip on this idea of blog posting. I saw it as busy work, something I wouldn't have time for. But as we started to post things, I really started to like it. It helped me to more effectively communicate the thoughts that were going through my head about the papers we had to write. I'm the kind of person who likes to think about what to write for a while, then sit down and just crank it out. And, I hate outlining, so this was a great way for me to get my arguments down without really making a formal outline, but still help to organize what I was going to write. I also really liked that the blog posts were usually things that would help us to get our papers done, like when we would have to post our intro or a paragraph or two of our papers, then have people comment on them.
Speaking of comments, I didn't really see their usefulness. Personally, I just did them because I was getting points to write things, so I don't think I put as much thought into it as I probably should have... and usually none of the comments I received on my posts were very helpful in the writing process. I mean, I can see how they COULD be really helpful, if people were actually writing whole-heartedly, but otherwise it was just something else we had to do. I don't know, maybe I'm weird and I was the only one, but that's just my take on it.
Overall, blogs are awesome! I liked it a lot! :)

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, if the comments were more meaningful it would have been a lot more helpful. But how do you motivate people to do that? That's the hard part. If they weren't assigned, most would not do them.... probably myself included

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with Kendrick. I had to do a blog for a communications class I took earlier, and I did read the other people's posts. I might have been the only reading them, because we didn't have to comment on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Katie, the blogs helped me outline and stick with my paper as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Kendrick. Comments may seem a little useless or void of any real importance, but it's still a good idea to be graded on them for motivation.

    ReplyDelete