Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Blog Evaluation

I wasn't a big fan of the blog. I didn't feel like it improved my writing. The blog seemed more like busy work that actual earning. I felt that the comments and comment responses were particularly unhelpful. People were mostly trying to get the required number of comments in and didn't care about what they were saying. If it was more convenient to agree with the blog, then they would agree. I don't think the fact that other students read my writing had a big effect on what I wrote. All of had to write the same thing, so when I was reading it, I looked at what other people wrote as an assignemt rather than what they had to say.

The blog did help me with time frames for my papers. Having to have certain things on the blog at certain times made me get my papers done in a timely maner. I also learned how to use blogger. It is a lot easier than I thought it would be. Additionally, the blog was good for small assignments because it saved paper, when we only writing a paragraph or so.

2 comments:

  1. I actually read your blogs, and found them quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. saving paper is a definite bonus to the blog. 2. I think with any writing assignment it's just up to the individual student to stretch their writing skills. Since we were given points for simply posting it is easy to not worry about style and grammar. But if a paper we turned in were the same way, it wouldn't be beneficial anyway. Basically - if we're graded on our writing we usually put in the effort to be a better writer. I think that's why I enjoyed the blog though; not having to worry about my writing all the time is a refreshing.

    ReplyDelete