Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Blog

This blog has helped tremendously in my writing. It forced me to actually start writing my paper before the day it was due. I am a big procrastinator. This blog has forced me to at least think about writing almost everyday. It also gave me an opportunity to have other opinions on my writing. I usually don't ask people to read my paper but having a second opinion opened my eyes to flaws i didn't see myself. I also seemed to write better when I knew that other people would actually be reading it.

My favorite posts have been the drafts of my papers. That way I could get opinions before actually turning it in for a grade. This way a lot of my problems were fixed before my review with Sistrer Cowley. My least favorite posts have been the revision plans. It always felt like I was saying the same thing over and over. I always needed to work on the same things. I think the blog is better then handing in paper assignments because it saves trees and allows the entire class to be involved in helping everyone else with their papers. This way there is lots of differing opinions instead of just a few opinions. It is like a better way to peer review. And you can do it on your own time instead of having to wait for someone else to have time to read your paper.

8 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY agree about the procrastination thing... blog posts helped keep me on track. That was a huge plus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the part about the blog where it allows people to read over your writing. I also think it is an efficient and convenient way to do an assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, yeah, it did help stave of procrastination, good call

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that posting the drafts were helpful from a procrastination standpoint, but no one actually read them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lindsay, I think you are right about no one reading the drafts that we posted on here. I don't know if you think that is bad but I don't think that was a problem because even though our whole class is on here, the homework is for us individually. SIncerely, Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with katie, the blog posts kept me on track with my paper as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree! the blog post deadlines made me begin on my papers earlier and helped me in not leaving it all to the last moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that the homework was for us individually but I think I would have gotten better grades if people had actually read my drafts. I missed a lot of silly mistakes that could have been caught if someone had actually read my paper.

    ReplyDelete