Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Blog Evaluation

I really enjoyed the blog posts that we were supposed to write. I liked how we could do it whenever and wherever we wanted to. It was on our time but there were still deadlines that we needed to meet. I thought it was really important that we needed to comment on other classmates posts so that we felt there was actually a reason to writing the posts and getting feedback.
Some of the problems I saw were also about the comments and comment responses. Many people only wrote comments that were not helpful at all but were only written to fulfill the requirements. The comments responses also made you have to rely on the other students in the class to comment on your post or one of your comments. I found that sometimes people had not responded to my blog or my other comments.
I really found myself hesitant to say what I was actually thinking because I did not want to hurt any ones feelings in any way. I see myself as very opinionated and felt that I could easily hurt others feelings who are prone to taking constructive criticism the wrong way, even if no offense was meant. So many times I did not really write down what I thought because I did not know how the person would react.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Tannen, I thought about not responding to this post at all so that you would be able to support what you said about no one ever commenting on your stuff, but I am anyway. I think you have a good point about not wanting to hurt people's feelings but if you never express your true self, you'll never find out who really accepts you and you'll never know who your true friends are. Sincerely, Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on your last paragraph, I would find myself typing a comment for someones blog and then hit backspace, because I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie, I am not exactly sure if I would have appreciated your willingness to help support my claim. But thank you for commenting so that I could get my points.
    It is true that I don't know who would accept how I really think if I don't actually say what I think. But would saying what I think on these blogs get me friends? No I don't think so, that is not the point of these posts, they are to help others, and hurting others feelings doesn't really help them, at least not in their minds.

    ReplyDelete