Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Blog Analysis

I have really enjoyed using the blog. I like it better than traditional assignments because of the freedom of it. I am able to log on where ever and start typing, rather than have it in print form due a certain time. I like being able to work on it whenever I have time. I also like that we have the opportunity to comment on each other's blogs. What I do not like about the comments is that our grade is somewhat dependent upon the other students. Sometimes I have had to wait for the other students to post something before I can make a 4-5 required comments. And a lot of the time, the comments would be pointless, saying something obvious just so that they commented and got the grade.
My favorite assignment was doing a small rhetorical analysis on a song. Doing that small assignment made me think of what my music is trying to say, so now I listen more intently to the lyrics and the message of the music. So that was a cool assignment that I enjoyed, but some of the assignments seemed pointless. They felt like busy work, which no one likes. So maybe if the assignments were more legit - NOT HARDER, just with a greater purpose :)
Overall, I enjoyed the blog and hope that it is continued because of convenience and freedom of it.

5 comments:

  1. I also found it hard to write comment responses because there is no guarentee that anyone will comment on your post or on your comments.
    I slightly disagree that some of the blog posts were pointless, they all seemed to have a meaning to it, but I can also see why you would think that. Just curious, which ones did you not like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Comment responses turned out to be pretty lame sometimes... And I really think it was like you said, just because we wanted to get our points and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that some comment responsibilities could not be fulfilled because of other students. But I do like getting feedback from other minds, sometimes even harsh feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing about what Scott said, I agree feedback is nice, but I'm not sure I got much valuable feedback on the blog. It was always just "i like what you said" or "i agree with that." I'm just as guilty of it myself though so I guess I can't really complain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is true, most of us who commented only commented to get the points, even those of us who complain about it are guilty.
    I agree with Scott with the feedback even if it is somewhat harsh. You often don't want to hear it, but it is what you actually look at the most.

    ReplyDelete