Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'm late...

and I probably won't get credit for this, but I don't care. Actually, I highly doubt that most of the class will even read this because it's posted past the due date for comments on posts.

I'm only posting because blogging was my favorite part of this English class. It was just so fun expressing myself and interacting with the class in a way that I otherwise couldn't. I really feel like my writing reflects my personality, in case you guys couldn't tell.

It's probably due to the generation that I'm a part of, but sadly my best mode of communication is online. When I talk online, my Asian accent does not get in the way of my communicating.

Okay this will probably be the last thing people will read because this post is way too long. But I thought this was a really fun experience!

Although blogging is pretty fun (at least in the confines of this classroom setting), it really wasn't that productive in terms of improving my writing. I say this in part because my favorite blog post was when we made a song analysis post. They only turned out successful because it was about songs that each person was interested. I didn't really post any meaningful revision plans. I only posted them because they were required. However it was still slightly helpful because I basically got to pick everyones brain regarding writing habits and tips.

Sometimes when I had to post comment responses most of the times I just agreed and reiterated a previously made comment just to get one out of the way.

The thing that I hated about blogs was the fact that it was just so easy to put off that sometimes I posted blogs and comments too late (just like now), or I never got around to doing them.

Blogging is a cool way to have class interaction, but if you really wanted people to learn from others through blogs maybe you could have different blog assignments. I can't think of any off the top of my head but I never really cared for the revision plan blog posts.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Josh,
    I'm especially glad that you have a place where you can express yourself and people can understand you for the most part. I'm still getting an asian vibe on the blog though. Yours truly, Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh - I definitely forget you are Asian when I read your blog posts. But you need to embrace your culture Josh. When people say my last name comes from Germany I proudly state that I'm actually Swedish. Be proud!

    ReplyDelete