Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Blog Evaluation from my point of view

When I first found out we had to blog, I had no idea how that was going to turn out. I haven't posted a blog before, and I didn't understand the grading part at first. I was thinking how am I going to get 3 comments from people? They might not even not like what I wrote, after speaking to Sister Cowley of course she explained that I had to write comments, I felt kinda dumb afterward, but got my work done and enjoyed reading what people had to say.
The blogs really helped me stay focused on my papers, and the revision plans helped as well. Although the blog posts for the revision plans did seem repetitive, it helped me to have it written down, because I would actually have to do what I said I was going to do. Another thing I enjoy about our classroom blogging is that I got to see what other people were thinking and their opinions; it made me know the person a little better in a way. I also like reading my comments.

What I didn't like about blogging, is that sometimes I would forget that we had a blog assignment that day. Or some assignments weren't as clear to me, and sometimes I just didn't want to blog. Comment responses, are they really sincere? I didn't want to hurt anyone feelings, so I wouldn't comment what I originally was thinking or I had to find ways to word my comment(s) so I don't offend anyone.

Overall I like the blog, it was something easy to do, not that much stress. I wouldn't make my own blog, because I'm not sure if I could keep up with it or even want my personal information out there on the internet.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you, the grading on the assignment was a little iffy at first, but I got the hang of posting blogs, it got better. To your question, are comments sincere? I really do hope so. Personally, I tried to make them relate to the person's blog, but when i got lazy, it was just a ramble of words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, Thanks Alex that makes me feels better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex and Melissa - I suppose being sincere would be somewhat difficult if it wasn't the most positive comment, but we all have to learn to critique and receive criticism at some point in time right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, we need to accept it and try not to get hurt, I think its all in the way you word it.

    ReplyDelete